You should call the doctor about any change in symptoms or worsening of your lupus as soon as possible. You should also be aware that there are certain symptoms that may require that you see your doctor immediately. These symptoms or signs include the following:
- Blood in your stool or vomit -you should call your doctor and let him/her know immediately
- Severe abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- New onset of a fever or if your fever is much higher than it usually is
- Excess bruising or bleeding anywhere on your body
- Confusion or mood changes
- A combination of symptoms such as severe headache with neck stiffness and fever. This combination could be serious and you need to let your doctor know immediately.
There are other reasons why you should call your doctor. For example, if the doctor has put you on a new medication and you've been taking it as prescribed, and for the period of time prescribed and your symptoms are no better or they are worse, you need to let the doctor know.